Our Fairytale

Just 3 everyday princesses looking for a fairytale...even if it involves a lil stalking...

Thursday 12 December 2013

2013: The Year of the 'Selfie' - even Pres Obama shows us no one can escape it

What do President Barazk Obama, Helle Thorning-Schmidt, and David Cameron all have in common with the girls of Fairytales & Stalkers?

Sure we all pretty powerful peeps (they are all heads of state and well we are heads of...of...of..awesomeness ok #DontJudgeUs we still making our mark on this world lol), but what else?

We ALL can't resist a selfie!


Sometimes our moms look like Michelle - slightly embarrassed by us


Yesterday this pic surfaced of these 3 taking a selfie (probably one of the most powerful selfies in the world). How often are you going to see 2 Prime Ministers and a President huddle in for a group selfie? 

While some people think it was super inappropriate to do this at Tata's Memorial, I think it just shows that as powerful as they may be, they are still human - 3 friends capturing a moment. Insensitive- maybe. Disrespectful - you decide. But to me, it isn't something we should be focusing on; don't detract from Madiba's legacy. Besides, I can't really see Madiba getting angry over something like this (after all, he is the man who pretty much taught compassion to a nation). But on a much lighter note, I thought I'd highlight some of our favourite selfies - seeing as we too now have something important with the World's Leaders.

Warning: some of these are really really bad! But we have awesome memories attached to every one (Jackey and Jen may kill me for this):

There was the SharkTank...

The most wishful selfie ever
"Three (future) WAGs on the try line


Then there was the beach...

Cutest photobombers ever I'd say...


There was the Playhouse...

Yes I know, that haircut was a BIG mistake
The fringe is growing out 

And then there was even the dance floor...

And you guys say I can't multitask
I busted moves AND selfied!


So this was pretty much our 2013: The Year of The Selfie. So I'm sure you too have some pretty awesome selfies (even though people tell you its lame, forget them because we all do it). Enjoy them and remember a selfie is just a memory so don't take it too seriously (yes, I am saying please don't actually try and be sexy in one - just have fun!) Oh dam, I probably should have taken my own advice before I took this one *gasp*

A self-confessed selfie princess
@CarrieKups
As always my lovelies...

*Love & Peace*

No comments:

Post a Comment