Our Fairytale

Just 3 everyday princesses looking for a fairytale...even if it involves a lil stalking...

Saturday 20 October 2012

@Smurfett_Li's 1st rugby game with @Jackey101



Hey guys! So I have some exciting news!  I went to my first rugby match...ever! And to my surprise, I had the most amazing time!

@Jackey101 is our rugby fanatic so last Friday, Jackey managed to swing us some tickets (with the help of East Coast Radio) to the Sharks vs Griquas match!
@Smurfett_Li celebrating a tri!
Now lemme just say, I wasn't too keen on watching rugby, let alone even going to a match! But @Jackey_101 managed to convert this soccer-lover into rugga fan! The rules are a bit confusing, well if you're a first-timer like me but after a while you start to get the hang of it and before you know it, you so engrossed in the match that you don't even realize that you've started calling the players "Champ"!

I think I can see myself finally becoming a rugby FAN-atic!

I never understood what the fuss was about until I felt the atmosphere at the stadium! You feel so apart of something. I literally watched the unity of people build in front of my very eyes.
@Smurfett_Li and @Jackey_101 with Keegan Daniel

Well this post would not be complete if there was no stalking mission on this trip. So we lived up to our name and walked the stadium until we found the rugby players! We waited outside the change room and it totally paid off because we managed to get some pics of the guys.  We had the opportunity to meet Keegan Daniel and JP Pieterson! We waited but unfortunately didn't get the chance to meet Pat Lambie because he had "slipped out" before anyone could see...(well so our source said).

@Smurfett_Li and @Jackey_101 with JP Pieterson
But you didn't get away that easily Patty-boy because we gonna be back since the Sharks made it to the semi's against the Blue Bulls on Sat!


Our night didn't end there! Not only did we do a bit of stalking but we were also the ones being stalked! As we were getting some pics taken, a few potential stalkers kept trying to get in our pics! They even took some pics of themselves to get us in their shot and then zoomed into our faces! (Yes guys, we are the mild version, you DO get worse!). After stalking us, they decided to do the "gentlemen" thing and ask us out for "a drink" but being the ladies that we are, we politely declined.
Our potential stalkers in the background
Our random fans who jumped in the pic



Wait! There's more! After being stalked and then asked out to a drink, we had a few other fans who decided to jump into some of our other pics! Except these guys were not so discreet...they just jumped in the middle of us and took the pics!

So with my first rugby match came my first taste of fame! And I gotta admit, I loved every minute of it! If anything else, it just makes me wanna be a Zaleb even more!

Let us know if you had any stalker experiences and what you thought of ours!

*Love n Peace, Peeps*

No comments:

Post a Comment