Our Fairytale

Just 3 everyday princesses looking for a fairytale...even if it involves a lil stalking...

Friday 17 January 2014

Don't Compromise! Live the Life You Deserve!

I came across a saying today that really grabbed my attention:

When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you. If someone continuously mistreats you or pushes you in the wrong direction, have enough respect for yourself to walk away from them. It may hurt for a little while, but it’ll be ok. You’ll be ok, and far better off in the long run.”


I know it might seem a little dark to post something like this right in the beginning of a New Year. But for me, there is no more perfect time! While you are all busy making those new year resolutions happen, sorta take stock of your life and see what or rather who you might be compromising yourself for. Never underestimate your worth to those around that already love you ( and this version of you)....




And if you have that one pesky person who is trying to change you (and not for the better), maybe it's time to ignore them. You are an individual and how you choose to define YOU is completely up to YOU.  

I guess that is sort of my new year's resolution too - "To Stop Letting People Tell Me Who I  Need To Be". I can't tell you how many times I got told to YOLO a bit more (and fell into the trap and was miserable), but guess what, that's not me! My version of fun may not be yours, and that's ok (well I am slowly learning this now). So while you are doing your stock take, you don't have to literally toss the person out - rather black out what you deem negative to you. And remember,

" Stand Up For What You Believe In, or You Will Fall For Anything"

**Love & Peace** ladies

- @CarrieKups

No comments:

Post a Comment