Our Fairytale

Just 3 everyday princesses looking for a fairytale...even if it involves a lil stalking...

Wednesday 22 January 2014

Jelly Sandals are B-A-C-K!

I remember when I was much younger (about 5yrs old or so) and this awesome new shoe trend hit our playground - jelly sandals.

I think the brand was called Jelly Babies and every little girl had one (well except me sorta but I am getting to this life lesson in a bit).  I wanted them SO badly (mainly cos everyone in my Gr 0 class had one and well hello they were see-through!), so I decided to ask my mum for a pair. My mother being as understanding as she was, politely agreed and at the end of the month I got a pair.

But guess what, it was the wrong one! My mother bought me the ugly, flat pink ones and not the totally-on-trend clear ones with the heel! The tragedy! I couldn't go to school with these ugly versions! Did this women think she was shopping for a 5yr old?

The " ugly" version my mother bought me


So I decided to tell her exactly what I thought of them...

And suddenly...BHAM! I caught a thick shot on my bum for being ungrateful and of course a speech on appreciating the the life I had. So naturally this was the first memory that popped into my head when I saw that jelly sandals had made their comeback!

The one that everyone had
and the one I ACTUALLY wanted, mother


Now every time I see this shoe, I remember my mother's hand meeting my backside and the power of appreciation. Needless to say, I learnt my lesson and never pulled that stunt with her again. I quite like these ones from Mr Price though. My birthday is coming up so maybe I should hint hehe...

The shoe that made these memories come flooding back
Available now at Mr Price
So will you be throwing back to the 90's and rocking jelly sandals this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment