Our Fairytale

Just 3 everyday princesses looking for a fairytale...even if it involves a lil stalking...

Friday 14 September 2012

My Life as the Fatal Fail Baker by @Smurfette_Li



Let's face it, at one point or another in our lives, we have all TRIED the whole domestic goddess thing (as in cooking/baking a la Martha Stewart). But in my and @CarrieKups‘ case to no avail. We watched a few episodes of Master Chef SA and suddenly we thought “ we too can cook like Deena Naidoo” (Master Chef SA winner 2012). Me, more so cos I’m a complete Cake Boss stalker! (Buddy, please help me! I need to at least bake before I get married!).
@Smurfett_Li tries to channel her inner Martha Stewart

So, we decided to try this "Fail-proof" banana cake recipe and made...wait for it...a rock cake! And no N0T the cute fruit cake kind. Hmm how do I explain it? Ever heard the expression "As hard as a rock"??

Yeah THAT kind of rock cake... I’m pretty sure David could have used this cake against Goliath. And the ancient Roman could have defended their cities with our “ Fail-proof” banana bread.

 Which made me wonder, is there anything as a "fail-proof" recipe?? In my opinion, I think you gotta be a fail-proof baker!

@Jackey_101's Glee-inspired creation
 So sharing this story with our girl @Jackey_101, we discovered that the girl had a secret talent...u guessed it! She's an awesome baker! Check out this pic of the GLEE cake she made for her baby cousin's birthday!

I’m not sure  whether I’m happy for her, or seriously jealous! Well, on the plus side, I have already sourced the baker for my Big Day (Sorry Buddy, she’s more in my price range).

 Till that day comes, I’m still attempting to become that domestic goddess. I've found this super cool, super easy chocolate recipe...http:Easy Peasy Chocolate Cake

Hope u guys enjoy! Let us know how yours turns out...This time I think I’m gonna drop @CarrieKups (thinking she’s the one who may have ruined it the last time :P)

No comments:

Post a Comment